The Advanced Level Test Managers qualification aims at professionals who want to improve their understanding of test management issues beyond the ISTQB Foundation Level, giving participants the necessary skills to become effective Test Managers.
This level is based on the Advance Level Test Manager Syllabus.
Who should enroll?
This course is appropriate for testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, and anyone wishing to gain the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate and anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing.
Candidates must hold the ISTQB Foundation Level certificate to take the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate. There are no prerequisites for participating in the course without taking the exam. Preparation on the syllabus topics (obtained through attending a course provided by ICE-STQB, from professional experience and/or self-study) is recommended.
You can take the exam without attending the course and vice versa, but the course helps you better understand the topics in the syllabus and prepares you for the exam.
What you will learn
Advanced Level Test Managers professionals should be able to:
- Manage a test project by implementing the project’s mission, goals, and processes.
- Organize and lead risk management activities and use risks to drive test activities.
- Create and implement test plans consistent with the organization’s policies and test strategies.
- Continuously monitor and control test activities.
- Identify skills and resource gaps in their test teams, and plan necessary skills development.
- Propose a business case for test activities, outlining the expected costs and benefits.
- Ensure proper communication with the team and other project stakeholders.
- Actively lead test process improvement initiatives.
- Design and implement defect classification scheme.
- Apply tools to support testing.
Which levels are available after Advanced Level Test Manager?
Holders of the Advanced Level Core Test Manger certificate are eligible to continue to higher-level software testing qualifications, certifying themselves at the Expert level. Or continue in another field such as Agile or Specialist.
About the exam
The exam will be in English and is internationally valid. It is based on the Advanced Level Test Manager syllabus.
The Advanced Level Test Manager exam is characterized by the following:
- 65 multiple-choice questions
- a pass mark of 65%
- a duration of 180 minutes (or 225 minutes for candidates taking exams, not in their native or local language).
The following K-levels are addressed: K1, K2, K3, and K4. The breakdown of the exam questions per K-level is done according to international guidelines, and exam content reviews are periodically conducted to ensure consistency.
The Foundation exams cover 4 different K-levels (K1 to K4):
K1 (Remember): The candidate should recognize a term or concept.
K2 (Understand): The candidate should select an explanation for a statement related to the question topic.
K3 (Apply): The candidate should select the correct application of a concept or technique and apply it to a given context.
K4 (Analyze): The candidate can separate information related to a procedure or technique into its constituent parts for better understanding and can distinguish between facts and inferences.
After passing the exam, candidates will receive an Advanced Level Test Manager ISTQB certification.