ISTQB® Certified Tester is the most widely used certification in the test world, and the content and glossary of the curriculum has become the factual industry standard reference for software testing acquired.
The characteristics of the certification are as follows:
- High quality curriculum : All curriculum is developed and revised by leading professionals from academia and business.
- Global recognition : Certifications are recognized worldwide because of the consistent application of ISTQB® policies and procedures, as defined by the local working groups.
- Common language : The ISTQB® dictionary provides a common vocabulary for the profession.
- Objectivity : The assessment of tester’s capabilities is performed independently of ISTQB® and therefore provides objective verification of the competency of the tester.
- Ethical Code Compliance : All ISTQB® certified testers adhere to the ethical set of rules defined by ISTQB®.
- Public Availability : ISTQB® word lists and education plans are freely available on the ISTQB® website and on local workgroup websites in local languages.
- Transparency : ISTQB® materials are developed on a voluntary basis and open to contributions from interested parties to participate in ISTQB® workgroups.
- Independence : The non-profit nature of ISTQB® ensures that content is not restricted by specific methods or technologies, and is able to draw on the best practices from a wide range of sources.
- Ongoing improvements : Curriculum and other documents are continually improved to meet the needs of business organizations worldwide and to keep up with developments in the profession.
- Professional Ability : To be certified provides benefits to individuals and organizations by ensuring that professionals meet the highest standards set by ISTQB®.