ISTQB® Certified Tester is the most widely used certification in the test world, and the content and glossary of the curriculum have become the factual industry-standard reference for software testing acquired.
The characteristics of the certification are as follows:
- High-quality curriculum: All curriculum is developed and revised by leading professionals from academia and business.
- Global recognition: Certifications are recognized worldwide because of the consistent application of ISTQB® policies and procedures, as defined by the local working groups.
- Common language: The ISTQB® dictionary provides a common vocabulary for the profession.
- Objectivity: The assessment of the tester’s capabilities is performed independently of ISTQB® and therefore provides objective verification of the competency of the tester.
- Ethical Code Compliance: All ISTQB® certified testers adhere to the ethical set of rules defined by ISTQB®.
- Public Availability: ISTQB® word lists and education plans are freely available on the ISTQB® website and local workgroup websites in local languages.
- Transparency: ISTQB® materials are developed on a voluntary basis and open to contributions from interested parties to participate in ISTQB® workgroups.
- Independence: The non-profit nature of ISTQB® ensures that content is not restricted by specific methods or technologies and is able to draw on the best practices from a wide range of sources.
- Ongoing improvements: The curriculum and other documents are continually improved to meet business organizations’ needs worldwide and keep up with developments in the profession.
- Professional Ability: To be certified benefits individuals and organizations by ensuring that professionals meet the highest standards set by ISTQB®.